Hella Electronics: Burn-in Testing Line
Hella Electronics is a member of Hella group. The main business focus is production of different electronic modules for cars.
Challenge: EOL test of high quantity of produced body control PCBs at high temperature with on-line measurements, on-line communication with the Hella test system and appropriate interfacing to the existing MES system. Each of produced PCB should be tested, production tracking is obligatory.
Inea designed and implemented very innovative solution, called Burn-in Testing Line BITL15.
- In-line with the production line:
- Fully automatic panel manipulation
- Bar Code identification of panels
- Sorting of OK/NOK panels on the line entry and exit
- Continuous measurement of panel current consumption and voltage during thermal treatment in ovens: limits for OK criteria
- Variable temperature profile in ovens, up to 85°C
- Communication with PCB during burn-in process
- Integration with the external – Hella testing system: CAN Bus multiplexing
- Traceability, integration with the iTAC MES system
Basic technical data:
- One panel: 2 PCBs
- Cycle time: 10s/panel, capacity: 360 panels/h
- 18 pcs of special made burn-in magazines (BIM) with local intelligence, 25 panels in each BIM
- 15 oven chambers
- Control system based on Siemens S7 Simatic PLC and servo system, Cognex DataMan 2D reader
- PCBs test at 85°C, for 1h
- Pel=35 kVA, Voltage: 400 VAC
- Equipment weight: 8.000 kg
- Small footprint: 9m x 9m
We should emphasize that project was realized in close and good cooperation with the customer. User requirements and technical solutions were deeply discussed. Project implementation time from contract sign to system handover was just nine months.
Performance of the built system was according to the user requirements. Customer was very satisfied with the technical solution and the relationship. New projects are planned.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER!
There is no universal solution in computer control of the energy sector and industry that would suit all the companies! Because our client is our partner and we work with many different industries, we understand your needs and are able to provide you with customized solution.Contact us