Helios: Automation of the resins synthesis process
Helios Group produces plastic resins since 1908 and annually produces more than 60,000 tons of liquid resins, sold in 50 countries worldwide. Wide production program covers three main areas of application: coatings, composites and resins for PU systems.
Helios Company produces high-quality synthetic resin for coatings and wants to become a leading manufacturer in this field. The diversity and wide range of products requires a lot of flexibility in the production process as each batch is made according to a unique recipe. In addition to the required quality and production flexibility, it is necessary to ensure optimal use of energy and valuable raw materials.
In case of deviation in parameters of the product there is direct and commercial damage caused by need for additional corrections, prolonged production time and additional energy consumption. In extreme cases, this can even lead to inadequacy of the batch, which is then broke down and destroyed. There are also great ecological challenges.
Helios Group needed a solution for:
1. Highly flexible automation system which enables work with hundreds of recipes.
2. Ensuring the quality and repeatability of the parameters of the product, regardless of experience of the operating team.
3. Reducing consumption of thermal energy and cooling energy per produced quantity.
4. A comprehensive system reports.
5. Possibility of continuous assessment of each according to previous batches (comparison with the reference “gold” batch).
6. Data archiving for processes and implemented batches for at least 7 years.
Inea has carried out the automation and visualization of the entire production system for synthesis of synthetic resins on the basis of recipe system based on the recommendations of the ISA-S88 (IEC 61512). This includes using the Simatic PCS7 process control system with many distributed input – output units, PLCbatch recipe system and a system for archiving and analyzing process data OSIsoft PI System.
We have successfully resolved all score challenges.
1. Reduced energy consumption by 15%.
2. Shortened the production time of each batch for 10%.
3. Reduced emissions by 10%.
4. A review of all batches manufactured for at least 7 years.
5. Large repeatability of execution of batches with the same characteristics.
6. Fully automated recipe management system.
7. Improved transparency and ease of use of the control system.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER!
There is no universal solution in computer control of the energy sector and industry that would suit all the companies! Because our client is our partner and we work with many different industries, we understand your needs and are able to provide you with customized solution.Contact us